HOW BIG WAS THE BIGGEST WAVE EVER SURFED?
As of January 2013, Garrett McNamara, has surfed the biggest wave ever recorded surfed at 100 feet!
Now that a 100-foot wave has been surfed, the bar has been raised yet again for somebody to step up and set a new record. Until then, we take a look at some other feats of record height to get a better perspective on just how big the biggest waves ever surfed really were:
- Garrett McNamara beat his record of the biggest wave surfed from 78 ft in November 2011.
- Shawn Dollar holds the record for current paddle-in at 61 ft from May 2013.
- The highest motorcycle jump is held by Robbie Maddison at 35 ft in January 2009.
- The highest snowboard air on superpipe is 23 ft by Shaun White in January 2010.
- And last, but definitely not least, the highest outdoor high jump at 8 ft by Javier Sotomayor on July 1993.