Group Surf Lessons 90 Minutes
4:1 STUDENT-TO-INSTRUCTOR RATIO
Select a Location:
*** Note: Our Pacific Beach Location Is Open All Year Round. Our Ocean Beach Location Will Be Closed From: 9/1/22-2/28/23. To Book Please Select Pacific Beach Location. Thanks
***** You can join our group surf lessons alone or by getting your own group.
Look no further! You found the best surf school for Group Surf Lessons 90 Minutes. All you have to do is bring a towel and a swimsuit. We take care of the rest so you enjoy the waves of sunny Southern California.
Plus, with our 4:1 student to instructor ratio (the best in the city) you can feel confident that you will receive a safe, high quality lesson.
We’ve dedicated time and energy to find the best surf instructors in San Diego. Our staff of professional lifeguard and CPR certified instructors will educate you on the proper techniques so you master the following:
In the first 10 minutes, you will focus on:
- water entry
- water safety
- land instruction to perfect the pop-up and stance before entering the water
The remainder of the surf lesson will be filled with personalized surf instruction and you will learn
- Standing up
- Wave timing and placement
- Wave selection
- Surfboard and wetsuit education
- Wave physics
- Surf etiquette and safety
The last 10 minutes we’ll head back to shore to wrap up and change out of wetsuits and rashguards.
We’ve dedicated time and energy to find the best surf instructors in San Diego. Our staff of professional lifeguard and CPR certified instructors will educate you on the proper techniques so you master the basics in your first lesson.
Semi-private lessons are somewhere between a private lesson and a group lesson. A private lesson features 1-on-1 instruction while a group lesson features a 4-to-1 instructor ratio. Semi-private lessons feature a maximum of 3-to-1 student-to-instructor ratio.
It’s remarkable the accelerated progression a proper surf lesson can give to a beginner compared to someone learning on his own. Semi-private lessons allow students to share the joy of learning to surf with a select group of friends or family while still getting personalized instruction.
- For 10 or more surfers, please call to make arrangements.
- Pricing includes wetsuit and surfboard during lesson.
- (Group and semi-private lessons) must return surf boards and wetsuits after the lesson. (Rental option is available in our Website) *** Private Surf Lessons are the only lessons that can use equipments for an additional hour after lesson.