Due to high demand, we encourage you to book your surf lessons in advance especially during the high season.
About Semi-Private Surf Lessons
This 90-minute semi-private surf lesson is perfect for a family or group of friends looking to get started with surfing or improve their surfing skills. Your group will learn surfing fundamentals such as the pop-up, wave timing, and efficient paddling.
Top of the line surf equipment is included, so all you need to bring is a swimsuit, a towel, some water, and sunscreen.
In the first 10 minutes, you will focus on:
- water entry
- water safety
- land instruction to perfect the pop-up and stance before entering the water
The remainder of the surf lesson will be filled with personalized surf instruction and you will learn:
- Standing up
- Wave timing and placement
- Wave selection
- Surfboard and wetsuit education
- Wave physics
- Surf etiquette and safety
About our Instructors:
We’ve dedicated time and energy to find the best surf instructors in San Diego. Our staff of professional lifeguard and CPR certified instructors will educate you on the proper techniques so you master the basics in your first lesson.
What's the difference between private, group, and semi-private lessons?Semi-private lessons are somewhere between a private lesson and a group lesson. A private lesson features 1-on-1 instruction while a group lesson features a 4-to-1 instructor ratio. Semi-private lessons feature a maximum of 3-to-1 student-to-instructor ratio.
Why take surf lessons?
It's remarkable the accelerated progression a proper surf lesson can give to a beginner compared to someone learning on his own. Semi-private lessons allow students to share the joy of learning to surf with a select group of friends or family while still getting personalized instruction.
- For 10 or more surfers, please call to make arrangements.
- Pricing includes wetsuit and surfboard during lesson and for an additional hour after lessons.
- Private and semi-private lessons after 3:30 PM must return surf boards and wetsuits after the lesson.