Semi-Private Surf Lessons
- 3:1 STUDENT-TO-INSTRUCTOR RATIO
- 90 Minute Semi Private Surf Lesson
Select a Location:
Our 90-minute Semi-private Surf Lesson is perfect for your family, group of friends, or anyone looking to get started with surfing or improve your surfing skills. Your group will learn surfing fundamentals such as safety, the pop-up, wave timing, and efficient paddling.
Top of the line surf equipment is included for you, so all you need to bring is a swimsuit, a towel, some water, and sunscreen. All of our surf instructors are water safety, First Aid, & CPR certified so you can surf safely and comfortably.
Due to high demand, we encourage you to book your surf lessons in advance, especially during the Summer.
In the first 10 minutes, you will focus on:
- water entry
- water safety
- land instruction to perfect the pop-up and stance before entering the water
The remainder of the surf lesson will be filled with personalized surf instruction and you will learn
- Standing up
- Wave timing and placement
- Wave selection
- Surfboard and wetsuit education
- Wave physics
- Surf etiquette and safety
The last 10 minutes we’ll head back to shore to wrap up and change out of wetsuits and rashguards.
We’ve dedicated time and energy to find the best surf instructors in San Diego. Our staff of professional lifeguard and CPR certified instructors will educate you on the proper techniques so you master the basics in your first lesson.
Semi-private lessons are somewhere between a private lesson and a group lesson. A private lesson features 1-on-1 instruction while a group lesson features a 4-to-1 instructor ratio. Semi-private lessons feature a maximum of 3-to-1 student-to-instructor ratio.
It’s remarkable the accelerated progression a proper surf lesson can give to a beginner compared to someone learning on his own. Semi-private lessons allow students to share the joy of learning to surf with a select group of friends or family while still getting personalized instruction.
- For 10 or more surfers, please call to make arrangements.
- Pricing includes wetsuit and surfboard during lesson.
- (Group and semi-private lessons) must return surf boards and wetsuits after the lesson. (Rental option is available in our Website) *** Private Surf Lessons are the only lessons that can use equipments for an additional hour after lesson.